Post merge allows you to create a group of posts that are personalized for each parent or student. You can also send text with supporting images, videos, or even documents.
You need to have a Data Source Excel Sheet associated with the post. The merge fields shows where in the post to include information from the data source. When the Post Merge is complete, the post will generate a personalized version for each user in the data source.
You can either use The Springring Generated Excel sheet or your own sheet. If you decide to use your own sheet, make sure you include all students and parents details along with the personalized information you want.
If you decide to use the Springring generated excel sheet:
- Download the sheet.
- You will see 3 predefined Fields (Student ID, Student’s First Name, Student’s Last Name). Attempting to change or edit one of those will result in an error in importing.
- Apart from the predefined fields, you can go ahead and add the fields you wish to see personalized on your post.
- After uploading the sheet, the new fields you added will appear on the Merge Fields list.
Create Merge Posts:
- After going to New Post, click on “Post Merge”
- Select the data source suitable for you.
- Select the Students (the post you send will be received by the Students' Parents).
- Upload the Users’ List Excel sheet, then click on “Review” in the bottom right corner of the page to make sure there are no errors.
- If there are any errors in the Excel Sheet you want to upload, you will be asked to review the data and make the necessary changes then upload the sheet again.
- Proceed with creating the post, just like creating a normal post. In the space you want to personalize, type ' @ ' and you will get a drop down menu with a list of the merge fields.
- Use Springring Generated Excel to avoid errors and save time.
- Upload all links of attachments on google drive before sharing personalized links.