Your Springring Teacher App allows you to create posts right from your mobile device.
Posts are what will appear to Parents and Students, and how you share information on School Boards and Classes. These are shown as separate cards containing all the updates that you would like to share. You are only allowed to post on a specific Board or Class if they contain the pencil icon.
The Types of Posts
There are four main types of posts and you can see them here:
- Text/Media/File: These are simple posts, possibly with photos, videos, or a file to download these posts are most commonly used for daily updates and if they aren't highlighting a specific date or link to a website
- Events: Posts that have a specific date and time that you would like to invite the Parents or an event to keep your Students excited about. This type of post will appear on the Calendar and you can use it for activities such as a Science Fair, Yellow Day, or even a School Play
- Link: This type of post is an easy way to share news articles, websites, Youtube videos with everyone. The post will embed the link directly and can be viewed directly from Springring
- Authorization: A post that required the approval of the Students' Parents. You can use this type of post to gather permission for events, field trips, and other activities.
Start creating a Post
To start creating a post, tap on the to Create a Post button to begin. You can select what type of post you would like to create through the pop-up menu.
Creating a post on the mobile app is composed of two steps:
- Step 1: Where do you want to post?
- Step 2: Who do you want to post to?
- Step 3: What's the post about
Teachers can post to multiple Boards. This feature has been added to save time and send out the same post on different boards.
When creating posts, you have the option to post to a Board or to specific Users. Posting on a Board will share your message directly with everyone tagged to that School Board or Class. Posting to specific Users will create a Direct Post. Learn more about Direct Posts here.
The Post Features
When creating posts, you have the option to make your post viewable to only Students or Parents. You also may choose to make it viewable to both. By default, any other Teacher that is a part of the board will be able to view all posts made within the Class.
You also have the option of whether to mark them as an Alert or Pin it to top. These buttons are located as part of creating any post (apart from an Authorization Post).
When marking a post as an Alert, it sends a notification to the Parents who have access to that Class or Board. This feature is used for important posts that are urgent and information that Parents or Students need to know immediately. However, overusing the Alert could cause Parents and Students to ignore the notifications.
The option of pinning a post causes it to always appear at the top of the Class or Board. When choosing the option Pin This, you are asked to set a time and date for the post to remain at the top.
Creating a pinned post can be very useful for keeping information that Parents or Students may need to access often and refer back to. These can be used as reminders for teaching resources and information they can refer to.
Deleting a Post
If you wish to delete a post, select the button at the top right corner of your post. You will be presented with the option to delete your post from here.