Before the start of the academic year, set up the School Calendar. These are often shared with Parents to keep them informed of important dates and events. As an Admin, you can create and view all school events on the School Calendar.
With Springring, there are two types of events.
- Group Events
- Event Posts
Group Events vs. Event Posts
Group Events are events set up by the admin only. These types of events do not appear in any School Board or Class. Group Events are tagged directly to a specific Group. They will show up directly in the Calendar to all users that belong to that group. For example, a Group Event tagged to Senior School, will only be seen by staff, parents, and students that belong to Senior School.
Event Posts are events that can be created by either Admin or Teachers. These are seen as posts in School Boards or Classes. They will appear in the feed to staff, parents, and students. Learn more about post types here.
Creating Group Events
To create Group Events, simply click on and you will be presented with a step-by-step guide to create your event.
When you're ready, click on and your new Group Event will automatically show on your School Calendar. It will also automatically be added to the Teacher, Parent, and Student Calendars that belong to the selected group.
- Click on Calendar Subscription
- Enter the details: name of your new calendar, the URL link of your new calendar (either a Google Calendar URL or an Office 365 Outlook Calendar)
- Select the group that can view events on this calendar subscription
- Click Subscribe and you’re good to go!
To edit the Calendar's details, click on the icon next to the selected Calendar's name. You can also delete calendar by clicking on the recycling bin icon found on the top right corner.
- Choose the group All Users for an event that includes the whole school
- Add school holidays and choose the group All Users
- Create Senior School events (e.g. Mock-exams) and choose the group Senior School
- Group Events will automatically assign the color of the group to the event
- If the events do not show up on the Calendar you subscribed, make sure the calendar settings in Google or Outlook are set to 'public'